Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Baby, IT'S COLD OUT HERE!!!

Hello bloggers! This is DSO’s first amongst many.

Had we known, we should have named this tour Til Hell Freezes Over! We flew into Des Moines and it just got colder and colder. BRRRRRR Woke up on the bus in Milwaukee and it was minus four outside and 45 inside! But, the music has been hot! Our boy Jeff has been tearing it up every night.

The Pabst Theater in Milwaukee is one of the most beautiful settings for a show. Just when the show ended, the fire alarms went off. I don’t know if I’ve ever heard anything as loud as that! We just pulled in Detroit for our day off and was promptly handed a notice from our hotel that they will be testing the fire alarms all day. Sheesh, we can’t get away from the cold or the alarms. Is the music that hot?

I hope as we head down into the south the warm weather finds us! Koritz is hell bent on playing golf even if he has to play with black balls in the snow.

Safe travels and see you at the shows. Rob Barraco

1 comment:

  1. Hey Barraco O'clocko..... 

    Is that Steely hat I got ya at New Years is keeping' ya warm. I love how Jerry-4the-kids crew started putting fleece inside. To cold for us out there right now. We're back at the house making some goods for the east coast tour. So we'll see you all in a month. Don't be afraid to bring out some of those Rob and Matt tunes in original DSO setlists. So what if the Dead didn't play it. You guys really got something going there. THanks again for caring the torch. I hope that venture continues. Like I said I have some really cool footage of you guys, the venues, the lots, the antics, etc. I'm shooting a movie about our scene (Grateful Dead, DSO, Donna-Jean Band, JGB....etc. It mainly focuses on how things(the world) has changed since 1995 when Jerry died. I know I said I'd post it or something, but just to busy right now. I'll just burn and bring to the March 8th Mexicali shows. Possibly you may could be so kind as to let me interview you or the movie.....eh....eeeehh...???please.... :))

    Much Love, Lenny

    ReplyDelete