Thursday, May 5, 2011

Home for a Minute

Hi Everybody!
The Into the Sun tour has been going great--we're having a lot of fun and making fantastic music together. Tonight is particularly special for Rob B. and I as we'll be on our home turf of Long Island at the Westbury Music Fair (it will always go by that name for me!). I've seen many great shows here myself, including Chicago in 1971, Rodney Dangerfield, the Chieftians, Little Feat, Steve Winwood, and Ratdog, to name a few. One that really stands out in my mind was a tribute to Miles Davis that included all the members of one of his greatest quintets--Herbie Hancock, Wayne Shorter, Ron Carter, and Tony Williams, with Wallace Roney filling in on trumpet for the late, great Miles!!
I had a great time playing here last year and it's so much fun to see all the familiar faces of family, friends, and fans from Long Island. This Long Island boy is really looking forward to tonight and I think it's gonna be a great show!!
Jeff

1 comment:

  1. A guy came up to me in the bathroom at Westbury during the set break and he said " I've been listening to Jeff Mattson since 1978 and from the first day I ever heard him he's been spot on. " GREAT show for the hometown Jeff.... THANKS !!!!

    ReplyDelete