Thursday, May 19, 2011

Into the Sun Tour Has Been Fantastic Fun!

Whew--near the end of another great tour. The Into the Sun Tour gave me the opportunity to play in a whole bunch of places where I have a lot of friends, and it made the experience extra special for me. From Irving Plaza in the Big Apple where the place was so packed that I don't think they could have squeezed a shadow in and where I got to see many friends, to a memorable show at the beautiful McCarter Theater in Princeton, to a show right on Long Island where friends and family came out to see the band--I really had a good time. Friends in Philly, friends in Boston and my old band mate and friend, Jen Markard, from the Jeff Mattson Band/Volunteers/ Zen Tricksters got to sit in on a number, friends in Stroudsburg. You know I feel like I have friends everywhere now. It is a pretty great feeling.


And now we are down to the last two shows--the Mighty High, organized by yet another friend! This fest is going to be terrific and I think the weather will turn out just fine. Tomorrow I get to play an afternoon set with my good friend, Donna Jean, and my buds in the Donna Jean Godchaux Band. I am really looking forward to that! And then two incredible shows with DSO tomorrow and Saturday. A great way to end an amazing tour. I look forward to playing, seeing some bands that I love, and seeing friends at the Mighty High, and I look forward to coming home for some well-earned rest after that. See you in Tuxedo!
Jeff

1 comment: