Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A good afternoon to you (or whenever this may find you),


I feel very lucky to be playing with my compatriots in DSO. One of the many things I admire about this band is their vocal ability, specifically their ability to sing in super sweet harmony. I like to describe this bands vocals as "top shelf".


Often, in the afternoon before soundcheck (which normally happens around five), the singers will get together with an acoustic guitar or two and practice singing together while sitting around in the front lounge of the bus. One of my favorite things to do is to sit around and listen to them. I'm in constant awe as singing is not one of my nature gifts and I admire and envy their abilities. It's so beautiful that It can be quite moving at times.


It's also great to see the singers quite easily and naturally having a good time together while doing this. After so many years traveling together in tight quarters and persevering through many bumpy and hard times, to be able to watch them laugh hard with each other can be quite a moving experience as well.


Off to listen to more great singing with what is always a fun acoustic evening of music.


Till next time,

Dino

No comments:

Post a Comment