Friday, April 29, 2011

Here we go

Hello everyone. Well, here we go with another big tour. We are really looking forward to this one. Lots of fun venues, interesting shows, and some new twists.
Right now we are tearing it up at to a packed house at Irving Plaza. Lisa and I both have the night off (4/29/71), so I thought i would post for the first time in a while.

When we do the early 70's, either Dino or I has to take the night off. Tonight it is me. People often ask, "is it strange to watch your own band"? Well, the answer is yes. While, of course, I would rather be playing than watching, it does give me a unique perspective on things. I think the main thing is really getting to see the audience. I like to take a walk around the venue and check out the crowd. See the dancers, check out how people react to the music, and mostly, see the smiles on peoples faces. It really lets me know what kind of affect we, and mainly this music has on folks. Keep dancin'. Keep smilin'. It is what keeps us going. Thanks- ROB K

2 comments:

  1. 04/10/78------all i gotta say is....toads place.....row jimmy......dancin' in the streets. coincidence US Blues encore? No such thing as coincidence. PT Barnum never showed up though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. rob- you and dino and the rest of the band keep me smiling and dancing all the time!!! thanks so much for doing what you do! hampton beach can't come soon enough :-)

    ReplyDelete